The Outstanding Natural Beauty of Doi Tung in Chiang Rai
Doi Tung is a mountain of the Thai highland which located in Chiang Rai, it is gone of the most famous and beautiful tourist destinations. Doi Tung is a 1,630 meter above the sea level. Several places can be seen on Doi Tung Palace such as the palace of the King’s Mother which was built fusing Lanna and Swiss architectural styles. Then there is “the Mae Fah Luang garden” which is the most beautiful park of the country. Doi Tung has lots of tourist attractions like Doi Tung Royal Villa, Phra That Doi Tung, Doi Chang Mub Mae Fah Luang Arboretum, hill tribe village and etc. There are spectacular views of both Burma and Thailand from the top of this mountain. Shan, Akha and Lahu tribal villages are located on the mountain sides. For the weather, Doi Tung has a cool weather and has an area of outstanding natural beauty. So If you visit Thailand do nor MISS out on visiting Doi Tung in Chiang Rai Province which is in the northern of Thailand.
Location : Located in Chiang Rai Province, Thailand.
Getting there : The Doi Tung Development Project is accessible by road from Chiang Rai city (via the airport):
- From the city, travel north along Highway 10 for 48 kms.
- From the airport, turn right at the Highway 10 intersection, and travel north for 41 kms.
- Turn left at the Ban San Kong intersection (between the 870 and 871 km markings on Highway 10)
- Follow the sighs to the Doi Tung Royal Villa.
- The return trip can be made by passing the Pha Me Vocational Center, along a scenic, winding road, to the border town of Mae Sai (the northermost point of Thailand)
Appropriate time : From November to February
Picture source : crhospital.org