A Simple Thai Dessert – Khanom Ba Bin (Coconut Cake)
Try grill coconut cake – Khanom Ba Bin
Khanom Ba Bin is a traditional Thai dessert known to be soft like pudding. Khanom Ba Bin is a simple Thai dessert which is simply grilled cake made from coconut cream, sticky rice flour, sugar palm, vegetable oil, etc. It is fairly easy to whip up and find ingredients which are available in supermarkets or convenience stores. Khanom Ba Bin is a low fat recipe has the texture of angel food with the flavor of coconut. It is also easy to find at street food stalls. Kanom Ba Bin is so popular in Thailand and it is great to serve simply as an everyday treat. Do not MISS to taste Kanom Ba Bin and other Thai desserts. If you visit Thailand, you will love Thai desserts more.
- 4 cups Grated coconut meat
- 2 cups Palm sugar
- ¼ cup Pre-sifted glutinous rice flour
- ¼ cup Rice flour
- 1 ½ cups Coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- Melt the palm sugar in a pot containing the creamy coconut milk.
- Boil this mixture until the sugar is melted, take off the stove and allow to cool.
- Once the liquid is cool, add the grated coconut meat and both kinds of flour. Mix well.
- Oil the inside of a baking pan with vegetable oil.
- Then pour the coconut mixture into this pan and spread evenly.
- Bake in an oven 350 F or 180 C for 30 minutes until the cake is cooked and browned on top.
- Take cake out of the oven and let cool.
- Once cool, cut into squares and serve.
See more cooking’s tip at : tankitchen-dessert.blogspot.com
Picture source : fortuner-club.com